Aging in Place House Plans by LifeStyle Home Builders
Posted on April 5, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Written by Karen Hicks
At Lifestyle Home Builders, we’ve helped many people throughout the Richmond area design custom homes that will allow them to age in place. Our experienced team and proven process help you have a home that is customized to fit your family’s needs now and many years into the future.
The Aging in Place Design Process
To get started on your aging in place home design, you’ll first meet with our trained sales agents, who will get to know your needs and wants. You can bring in a list of features you want your home to have or work with our agents to find out more about the options that suit your lifestyle.
Aging in Place Floor Plans
While working with your sales agent, you will pick a customizable floor plan for your new home. At Lifestyle Home Builders, we offer a wide range of floor plans, including many that are already aging in place friendly with a first-floor owner’s suite or in-law suite.
Our aging-in-place floor plans include floor plans that have all first-floor living, homes with an owner’s suite on the first floor, and homes that have a guest bedroom on the first floor, or a guest suite and an owner’s suite on the first floor.
These floor plans are:
- Cascade, which includes a first-floor owner’s suite and guest suite
- Stonebriar, which features a first-floor owner’s suite and guest suite
- Saxony, which includes a first-floor guest suite and private study
- Henley, which has a first-floor guest suite available
- Dellwood, which features a first-floor guest suite and private study
- Riverton, which includes a first-floor owner’s suite
- Bronte, which has a first-floor guest suite available
- Elliot, which has a first-floor guest suite available
- Gracewood, which includes a first-floor guest suite and private study
- Windemere, which offers single-level living with an open floor plan
- Newbury, which has a first-floor guest suite available
- Whitney, which includes a first-floor owner’s suite
- Waldon, which includes a first-floor owner’s suite
Changing Your Floor Plan to Age in Place
Once you’ve selected a floor plan, you’ll meet with our expert design team who can create structural changes in your new house.
You may need to make a variety of changes to your home structure based on your expected future needs. Our floor plans offer this flexibility so you can have the home you truly want and need.
Working with our team, you’ll also take a 3-D virtual tour of your new home to ensure it is what you imagined before building begins. Our 3-D tours are part of Lifestyle Home Builder’s commitment to deliver a customized house that you are proud to call home for years to come.
Customizing Your Home Design
Finally, you’ll start to customize your home in our Design Studio. For this portion of the process, you should bring pictures of rooms and designs you like so you can create a comfortable, beautiful space from floor to ceiling. We help not only with design selections that reflect your personal style but also design selections that fit your personal needs.
You will also discuss more specific needs and details, such as:
- Raising electrical outlets to reach more easily
- Home automation such as motion sensor lights
- Lowering light switches
- Door handles instead of doorknobs
- Faucets and other hardware
- Curbless shower design
Our design experts can help guide you to options that are aging-in-place-friendly and increase the safety and accessibility of your home. We partner with you to make the design process as fun and painless as possible so you can be excited for your new home.